A huge run on the weekend by Lesley Eller who has not only broken BUT smashed the NSW female 70+ 800m record by 6 seconds! To add to this impressive record Lesley raced the 800m on a grass track and was hand timed.
The previous record sat at 3:37:63 (electronically timed), with Lesley running 3:31:2! This a hand timed result is subject to ratification as a record from the masters association.
Athletics East want to congratulate Lesley on an absolutely amazing run which shows that age is NO barrier in athletics showing great accomplishments can come at any age and we look forward to more record breaking runs to come.
Some other results from team AE out at the UTS Norths Rotary meet on the weekend include:
- 800m – Lisa Dhaliwal – 1st 3:05
- 3000m – Sally Hanah – 1st 11:56
- 200m – Jim Hotait – 4th 30:08
- 800m – Chamkaur Dhaliwal – 1st 2:06
- 3000m – Chamkaur Dhaliwal – 1st 9:13:5 (beating his oposition by well over a minute)