The annual awards will be presented at the AGM and Presentation Night Friday, 4 November 2016 at the Randwick Bowling Club – Corner The Avenue and Cowper Street, Randwick – to commence at 7:00pm.
The nominations today are:
Tony Brown memorial trophy
The athlete that has consistently competed & represented plus supported the club throughout the year.
Footnote: Tony Brown was club captain, statistician / committee member and embraced both distance and track running. His support and interest in all club members is legendary. His family, in his memory, donated this award.
- Rosemary Bridge: competed in 7 of the club point score runs this year and is one of the most highly active members who always attends training, all fun runs, club runs & social events.
- Rebecca Holmes: Stellar year competing in Road, Cross Country and Track culminating in winning ANSW Female Distance Runner of the year
- Gillian Sohun: Competed in 7 events throughout the winter plus track relays, master champs, state champs
- Naomi Tancred: Competed in winter premiership and track summer series in events ranging from 200m (last minute step in for relay) to half marathon.
Club person of the year
This is for consistent outstanding work and support for the club
Club person of the year nominations:
- Jane Boyd: Tremendous job as uniform officer and Rugby fund raiser liaison officer
- Gillian Sohun: Took on role of team coordinator/manager for winter premiership – male and female teams all ages
- Julia Szymanski: Long standing fun runner coordinator
Best male performance
The best performance by a male athlete from the year. This is judged on individual accomplishment and not necessarily just on high profile performance
Male performance of year nominees:
- James Costello – ANSW Half M 1:13:45
- Karl Baddeley – SMH Half M 1:20:25
- Kevin O’Brien – SMH Half M 1:11:15
- Christopher Zinn – City To Surf 1:04:02
- Daniel Novak – City To Surf 1:03:59
- James Constantine – ANSW 10km 35:09
- Ken Wilson – Tony Brown 5km 17:59
- Mark Gregory – ANSW 10km 35:00
Special performance mention to Nero Zhang completing the Ironman Triathlon/North Face 100/ GNW 100mile + 200m to 800m track, 10km Cross country and road races for club.
Best Female performance
Female performance of year nominees:
- Lorna Santry – Track 3km 11:32:43
- Maisie Stevens (16) – 100m Open Aust heat 11:91 Open Club Record
- Kylie Anne Richards – ANSW half M 1:31:54
- Naomi Tancred – Gold Coast Half M
- Nicole Berridge – 400m state heat 56:65 Open club record
- Nicole Hutton – ANSW 7km 30:39
- Rebecca Holmes – ANSW Half M -1:26:52
- Sara Dougan (14) – Long Jump 5:69 Open club record
- Veronica Chang – ANSW 7km – 33:05
- Victoria Mitchell – Olympic 3km Steeplechase heat 9:39 (season’s best at the highest level)